Do you need a specialized tutor or home school teacher?
I'm here to help you! I love math, I love teaching it, and I think it's fun!
I tutor and teach elementary/middle school math, geometry, pre-algebra, algebra I, algebra II, pre-calculus, and calculus. My services are available to all students, whether they come from a traditional public school, private school, home school, or college.
Age does not matter. As long as you are taking one of the courses above, I am available to help you. I am located in North County San Diego, so my services are provided in person in the following cities: San Marcos, Carlsbad, Encinitas, and Vista.
If you are open to online tutoring, then we can work together no matter where you are via Skype or Google Hangouts.
What I do:
- Help you master concepts you are learning in your math class.
- Help you develop excellent critical thinking skills so that you can solve problems independently and accurately.
- Help you cultivate healthy study habits to continue succeeding in life.
Tutoring vs Home Schooling
Tutoring is providing supplemental assistance to those already taking a math course. You don't magically get an A when you hire a tutor. As your tutor, my goal is to help you achieve that A, however, it is equally important that as a student, you must do the work. I like to relate academic success to riding a bike. You practice and practice until you know how to do it. Math is just like that, except it's exercise for the brain. You will get out exactly what you put into it.
Home schooling requires more time. Imagine yourself sitting in a classroom, taking notes, completing homework assignments, and getting tested. That's exactly what I do. My home school service is ideal for families that don't know how to teach the language of math or they just don't have the time.
What I do not do:
- Complete assignments, quizzes, tests, or projects for students.
- Homework. Your homework from class must be completed outside of our tutoring sessions.
- If you are looking to improve in two weeks or cram for a test, then I am not the tutor for you.